Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jewelry - Photo Transferred Dominoes

You can do your photos in color or black and white. They turn out wonderful either way. There is different sizes of dominoes, large, medium and small…the tiny ones I have even seen made into earrings.

Supplies needed:
Dominoes
Dremel tool
modge podge
paint brush or sponge
plain white tissue paper
printer
Glossy accents
Thread or string
beads

There is many ways to do this, but this is my version of it.

1. I used a dremel tool and drilled a tiny hole through the domino. You can just glue a big bead at the top of the domino tho, if you don’t have a dremel. Or you can use a drill press.
2. I took the original photo and changed to black and white and resized to fit on the domino. I printed the actual photograph onto regular paper first – my reasoning for this – is so I would know exactly where to place the tissue paper when I ran it back through the printer for the final printing on the tissue. You could just run a big enough piece of tissue to cover most of the copy paper, I was just trying to eliminate the possibility of jamming my printer.
3. So printed my photo on the regular copy paper, and then taped a piece of tissue paper a little bit larger than the photo to the copy paper (with removable tape) over the original image and ran it back through the printer. So to clarify, now there is an “test” image on the copy paper and the actual image I am going to use on the tissue paper.
4. Then I trimmed around the edge of the image making sure it fit on the final item.
5. I then covered domino with a thin coat of modge podge.
6. Gently lay the image down starting in the middle and going out. Be very careful here…the image will tear very easily, so try not to manipulate too much.
7. Then cover the entire image with modge podge carefully and allow to dry.
8. Once the modge podge is dry, I covered the domino with a coat of glossy accents and let it dry.
9. Once dry. String onto thread and add beads. Tie or add a clasp and you are done.

Good luck and have fun!
Debbie Weller
a.k.a. DebDuzScrappin

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin